Project Leader Communication
swissnex China is the Swiss science and technology outpost in China. Our mission is to promote Switzerland’s excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss universities, research institutes, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively. We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded colleague to help us “connect the dots” in higher education, research and innovation between Switzerland and China. We are building knowledge and networks with many universities, research organizations and governmental agencies.
Position Project Leader Communication
Starting September 15, 2017, or according to availability
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 Xianxia Road, Shanghai, China
The tasks of a Project Leader Communication could typically include:
- Actively promote swissnex’ activities online, on all our social media channels and communication tools
- Manage the communication and information flow with our partners (internal/external, local/abroad)
- Generate and provide content on both countries for promotion material, print and online
- Create written and visual content for promotion clips (incl. film editing)
- Implementation of strategic use of social media to communicate information with our stakeholders together with our other project leaders
- Research on current trends in education, science and technology, and innovation
- Foster and develop network and relationship with media, and in the communication sector
- Assist and support of the team with the organization of lectures and events, and administrative works
Some of the responsibilities are to:
- Develop and implement media campaigns in order to promote Sino-Swiss activities
- Grow and manage relations with local and international media (journalists, KOL’s, reporters etc.) and actively push and share news
- Entertain our “community”, and keep them informed on latest news and developments
- Present to visiting delegations how we use social media in China, and promote swissnex China
- Chinese citizenship
- BS or BA, Master preferred
- Solid, proven experience in marketing and public relations, by working as communication assistant or officer for at least 2 years, where you implemented your creativity and flair for design into practice
- Excellent communication skills in Mandarin (spoken and written), with an outstanding command in English (spoken and written), additional knowledge of German or French would be nice to have
We are looking for an engaged, self-driven and motivated communicator who actively promotes swissnex China’s projects and events, as well as Sino-Swiss activities, and topics in the fields related to our mission. We want a team player who can work in a collaborative way while appreciating the diversity within the team. We look for a sophisticated communicator who knows the Chinese social media landscape by heart, and can handle western social media tools as well. An entrepreneurial spirit, who is flexible and has great “people skills”, combined with fresh ideas and who is ready to help the colleagues are a great plus. We offer a work place which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural and diplomatic, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include remuneration according to the given environmental conditions, a mix of Swiss and Chinese official holidays, in addition to the generous amount of vacation days.
Please note: the conditions of employment are local, and only for Chinese citizens/passport holders!
Your application must include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Cover letter (letter of motivation)
- Letters of reference (work certificate from previous work experience)
- University diplomas, Language test certificates
If you don’t submit all documents requested properly, your application will not be further processed.
Apply until August 25, 2017 / Friday (DL 18:00 Shanghai time) to this LINK.
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.