PR & Communications Coordinator at swissnex China in Shanghai
Starting August 15, 2019, or according to availability
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in science, education, art and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious PR & Communications Coordinator with exceptional creative energy to help us promote swissnex China’s many projects and activities. As a creative digital expert with outstanding communications (fluency in both English and Chinese required), marketing, media relations and organizational skills, you will complement our team by coordinating and supporting our communications activities with external and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring swissnex’s outreach to the next level. As PR & Communications Coordinator at swissnex China, you will be joining a dynamic and supportive team working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- General Communications: support the Communications Manager in further developing, strengthening and implementing swissnex China’s on- and offline communications strategy with internal and external stakeholders. Oversee communications tasks related to swissnex projects and events, from copywriting, translation, graphics work to videos editing. Help maintain and grow database of contacts for invitations, newsletters (MailChimp) and announcements.
- Press Relations: research and build a network of media contacts for press release distribution and invitation to special swissnex China events. Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of Swiss scientific, technological and academic institutions.
- Web & Social Media: help develop a solid and coherent communications strategy and ensure a positive and innovative presence of swissnex China across various web/social media channels, targeting difference demographic audiences. Conceptualize compelling content, schedule and implement social media campaigns. Build and edit engaging website content pages with our back-end WordPress CMS.
- Digital Content Development: active contribution to events and delegation visits by assisting with photography, videos, blogs and interviews. Develop and maintain a library of high-quality copy, photo, video and other digital assets for our end-of-year Annual Report.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: act as a connector between people and ideas.
- Other administrative and support duties as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN / CH citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin; knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, avid networker and strong presentation skills
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proactive, reliable, independent, team player, organized
- Previous experience in a PR and / or Communications role preferred
- Strong creative ability in copywriting, editing, video, and design with samples of your work to share
- Fluency in multiple social media channels: WeChat / Weibo / LinkedIn / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
- Experience or understanding of science, technology and innovation, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering Swiss excellence in science, education and innovation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / InDesign / Premiere Pro) highly desired
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until August 1, 2019!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.