Starting January 1, 2018, or according to availability
Workload 50 – 80%
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 Xianxia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science consulate for China. Our mission is to promote Switzerland’s excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss universities, research institutes, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
We are looking for a service oriented and dedicated colleague who will run operations with a pragmatic approach, and good social competence and understanding about working in an international dynamic environment. You like to have things organized, and you have a strong readiness for support.
The tasks typically include:
- Project controlling: Manage project, mandate and agreement overview, control and collect project inquiries (incl. budget and monthly reports, on request) such as activities/events/delegations and annual planning.
- Accounting: Accounting skills; oversea project requests/budgeting along guidelines; data collection; pro-active improvements
- HR: job descriptions, regulations etc. (admin), vacation and overtime balance for staff/interns (overview, treat request)
- Liaison: Liaise with other local partnering institutions (Consulate General, Swiss Cham, etc.), organization of lectures and events, and administrative works, support team.
- Swiss passport holder (CH citizenship only)
- You completed your Master studies in a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Proven working experience in project and event management; pro-active; result-oriented
- Excellent conversation skills (oral/written) in English, and one national language
- Language skills in Chinese are a plus
- Experience in accounting and controlling, and monitoring
- Diligence and operational readiness
As proactive team player you support your colleagues whenever you can. You work in a collaborative way and appreciate diversity in a team. A high level of flexibility and great “people skills” would be beneficial.
We offer a work place which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural and fast-paced environment. Benefits include remuneration according to given environmental conditions, and a mix of Swiss/Chinese official holidays, and a generous amount of vacation days.
Please note: the conditions of employment are local – no diplomatic status or benefits!
Your application must include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference (work certificate from previous work experience)
- University diplomas, Language test certificates
If you don’t submit all documents requested properly, your application will not be further processed.
Apply until December 1, 2017 / (DL 8:00pm Shanghai time) or earlier to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline, and share further information during the recruitment process.