ETH Zurich Student Summer Research Fellowship Call For Applications
The Computer Science Department at ETH Zurich offers a new, exciting fellowship program that allows undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience during the summer months. Applications for the program are open to final year Bachelor’s and all Master’s students across the globe. The program is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science and related technical areas. Application deadline is 31st January 2017.
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in the following areas:
- Data Management & Machine Learning
- Information & System Security
- Networked Systems & Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing & Cyberphysical Systems
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Theory and Algorithms
- Visual Computing
Other important information:
- Time frame: summer. All fellowships are intended to be arranged for the summer months only; the stays will typically be 10 weeks in duration with flexible start and end dates.
- Research experience. Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members and possibly beyond.
- Networking and socializing. A number of on-site socializing events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. A detailed schedule of them will be published during spring 2017.
- Accommodation. Once a candidate is accepted into the program, we will provide information regarding visa applications (where required) as well as assistance with finding affordable accommodation during the summer research stay.
- Financial support. Scholars at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly stipend of CHF 1,750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Switzerland. Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time.