Call for Synapsis-SNSF-Professorship in Clinical Dementia Research
The Synapsis Foundation – Alzheimer Research Switzerland ARS intends to fund an Assistant Professorship in clinical dementia research. The evaluation process and administration of the grant will be managed by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) based on their rules and regulations for SNSF professorships.
The non-tenured Assistant Professorship position should be devoted to a “from bed to bench” innovative and independent research, performed in at least one Memory Clinic as part of a Swiss University.
- Independent and original “from bed to bench” research project providing additional knowhow and perspectives to the host memory clinic(s).
- The foundation would especially welcome projects aiming at innovative new early diagnostic approaches and the development of novel therapies.
- Research contributing to strengthening the network and synergies among Swiss Memory clinics is highly encouraged.
- Degree in medicine or neurosciences
- 2-9 years independent research
- International research experience
- A commitment of a host Memory Clinic (with guaranteed clinical work load of not more than 20%, possibilities to teach and of career development) and of the respective University
- 4 years (max. extension 2 years)
- The grant covers the salary of the assistant professorship position, as well as other costs according to the regulations of the SNSF
Please follow the application procedure of the SNSF:
Call 2015 will be open starting from February 2015.
Submission Deadline: 1st of May, 2015