Places and Spaces for Making is a 1-day multi-disciplinary research workshop to map, visualize and document places and spaces where people have been experimenting new ways to tinker with technology in Shanghai.
10am-5pm : Workshop
Join us for a collaborative writing session where we will create a booklet containing texts, maps and visualizations about spaces for making in Shanghai.
What will we do during the day?
- Document spaces for makers and making in Shanghai
- Collect, record, map, visualize findings and existing data
- Shoot videos, record sound, write things
- Produce a zine/booklet
What can you contribute ?
- Bring your pictures, images, objects, souvenirs
- Share your experience, projects of feedbacks
- Write a text, article or views
- Draw a map or create some visualization
- You name it!
Why you should come?
- Share your insights, feedbacks and experiences about making in China
- Learn more about mapping and visualization
- Take part in the creation of a handmade booklet
- Discover new perspectives about making in China
- Meet new people
5.30-8pm : Talks
We will give a presentation of the results, followed by two talks: Mobile Repair Culture：from informal repair to silent innovation by Anaïs Bloch (HEAD Geneva, Switzerland)
Find out more details