Founded in 1859, La Haute Ecole de la Santé La Source (HEdS La Source) is the oldest non-denominational nursing school in the world. HEdS La Source is located in the state of Vaud and is part of HESSO, University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland.
Its major research areas include Health and Aging, Psychiatric Nursing, Innovation and Specialization of Nursing, Promotion of Healthcare and Health in Communities. As a leading nursing school around the world, La Source has been a long-term partner of the Swiss Red Cross and International Council of Nurses. This time we have 2 professors and 8 students from HEdS la Source and University of Lausanne with us to introduce Swiss practice in aging and nursing and to communicate with their Chinese counterparts.
Part 1: Warm up session (10:30-12:00) open to La source delegation, all guest are welcome to join if interested.
- Welcome speech by Pascal Marmier and introduction of swissnex China
- Presentations by project leaders on different topics: education/social media/innovation
Part 2: Main session (12:00-14:00) open to all guests (Snacks, drinks and lunch will be provided)
- Everyone takes lunch first
- Lecture by Swiss professors on nursing/aging topic (with Chinese translation)
- Presentation by an expert from a Chinese/international hospital
- Presentation by an university professor from Medical School of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 8 Swiss students, in their 3rd year of Bachelor Studies driving an interprofessional research project. 4 are studying nursing and 4 attend medical school, to become medical doctors.
- 20 Chinese students from local uiversities and professors in nursing/aging
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. DONG Yi, Junior Project Leader Academic Affairs
Pictures from the event