Date: June 13-15, 2018
Location: Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) + Kerry Hotel, Shanghai
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Available spots: limited
Contact person: Quentin Gigon (email@example.com)
CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. swissnex China will make its booth available free of cost to Swiss startups interested in showcasing their products at the show.
By successfully applying for a space at our CES Asia booth, you will also receive the following benefits…
- Free demo chance in CES Asia at the swissnex China pavilion
- Free office infrastructure in swissnex office for business tour in China (max. 3 days)
- Leverage our local knowledge and network
- Invitation letter for Chinese visa
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a space.
(Deadline March 31st, 2018) (Available spots are limited)
About CES Asia
CES Asia 2018 will serve as the premier event for the consumer technology industry in China. CES Asia showcases innovation across several vertical industries in the Asian marketplace while providing tech companies, from leading Chinese and global brands to cutting edge startups, a platform to create partnerships, build relationships and reinforce their brand. Industry executives, global buyers, government officials, market analysts, retailers, media and consumers from China will witness the latest products and technologies while celebrating the innovation and new trends that define the industry. More info on: www.cesasia.cn
Facts & figures about CES Asia
- 500 exhibiting companies
- 40,000+ total attendance
- 1,200+ media
- 42,000+ sq. meters of exhibit space
Dear friends and partners,
Times flies, we will soon sign out the past lunar year, and welcome the Chinese New Year here. The other name of the Chinese New Year is Spring Festival, is about celebrating spring. Let us rock in the coming year with booming energy of swissnex China teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou! We are looking forward to work with you in the year of the dog!
Please accept our best wishes for your good health and lasting prosperity!
swissnex China team
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
The team at swissnex China wishes you peace, joy and prosperity throughout the coming year.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
We look forward to working with you in the year 2018 to come!
Swiss Center Shanghai
SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center
Job position: Trade Specialist
The role of the Trade Specialist will be to consult advice and support the Swiss company with the import and export procedures. The Swiss Center holds the appropriate import/export license and provides ready-to-use bounded and non-bounded warehouse.
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai (Pilot Free Trade Zone), Waigaoqiao, Fute East Road n°526.
The Swiss Center Shanghai, SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center (SCS) is located in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone and covers 4000sqm facilities with office, showroom and bonded – non bounded warehouse space. SCS supports Swiss companies to enter into the Chinese market with providing them concrete solution and network. SCS was found in 2000 and is today one of the biggest cluster of Swiss companies in Asia and has supported over 250SMEs in the last 15 years.
The new position at SCS is dedicated to the import/export service. The SCS Trade Officer will be responsible of SCS members and non-member who require support in the above procedures. Her/His role will be to prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods. She/He will determine, track duties, taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client. She/He will sign documents under a power of attorney and represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications. She/He will also coordinate with logistic partners on the transportation and storage of the goods.
The applicant will consult SCS member in identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing the needs, providing guidance and expert advice to them. As a representative of SCS in terms of import/export procedure, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time will be essential and decisive.
On a daily basis, the SCS Trade Officer will make decisions and solve all challenges the procedure ensues. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems will be the applicant key asset.
- Consult Swiss Center customers and provide import/export solution to them
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments
- Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney
- Clear goods through customs and to their destinations for clients
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents
- Monitor or trace the location of goods
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and quarantine
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds
- Quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported, based on tariffs and excise taxes
- Obtain line releases for frequent shippers of low-risk commodities, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing, or product distribution of imported or exported products
- Inform importers and exporters of steps to reduce duties and taxes
- Contract with freight forwarders for destination services
- Maintain relationships with customs brokers in other ports to expedite clearing of cargo
- Apply for tariff concessions or for duty drawbacks and other refunds
- Provide advice on transportation options, types of carriers, or shipping routes
- Prepare papers for shippers to appeal duty charges
- Suggest best methods of packaging or labeling products
- Insure cargo against loss, damage, or pilferage
- Develop and nurture relation with contacts outside the Swiss Center, represent the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Inform and train SCS colleagues on import/export procedure
- University degree or equivalent in Import/Export Management
- Native language Chinese, Proficiency in English
- Minimum 5 years experiences as a professional agent broker
- Experience in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone is a plus
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Initiative and solution oriented personality
- Able to work on the standard and technical software link with the import/export and logistic solution
- Accurate and precise work
- Comfortable dealing with foreigner
Person of contact: Emmanuelle Roduit, +86 139 1686 3284
Email address: email@example.com
Swiss Center Shanghai is looking for a Marketing/administrative intern in our Waigaoqiao office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to monitoring and posting on wechat and social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with a growing organization are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are kindly invited to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our official website: http://www.swisscenters.org/
1. Job Description
- Support in SCS online marketing development
- Monitoring and posting on wechat and social networks
- Support in preparation of marketing materials and company documents
- Support in organization of events, delegation programs and receiving visitors
- Maintain SCS contact database including business card inputs and updates
- Support in Administration tasks (administrative paperwork, contacts with local bureaus, gathering information, official letters, translations, office facilities management, etc.)
2. Candidate Profile
2.1. Personal Attribute
- Pro-active, creative and solution oriented
- Service and result oriented
- Very well organized and independent
- Naturally likes to build up networks and relations
- Identifies with and recognizes the need for the organization’s vision and strategy
- Reliable, responsible, loyal, honest and straightforward
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Event organization, Marketing, and PR
- Computer Skills with Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Web tools (social media)
- Undergraduate in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Economics or English.
- Experience in marketing/promotion, event organization, or media and press relations
Deadline: call permanently open until 2020
Grant sum: max. 50 kCHF
Project duration: up to 12 months
Eligible countries: China (incl. Hong Kong and Taiwan), Japan, South Korea, ASEAN member states (partner countries)
Goals and objectives
Opportunity grants will support activities of Swiss researchers from universities, universities of applied sciences or public research institutes linked to specific events or incidents in China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan), Japan, South Korea and member states of ASEAN. Examples of such events are on the one hand large public happenings, such as the Olympic Games, international or national Expos etc., or on the other hand major environmental or economic developments in the region. The goal of the opportunity grants is to provide non-bureaucratic support to bottom-up initiatives. These initiatives aim at increasing the visibility of Swiss science and technology abroad or applying its results to a concrete development or challenge.
The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research. All senior scientists of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teachers’ education, as well as public research institutions, are eligible to apply. A single Swiss scientist or a consortium of Swiss scientists can act as the main applicant.
More details click here
Starting March 1, 2018 until August 31, 2018 / 6 months
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science and technology outpost in China. Our mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
This internship offers you the following:
- Gain work experience in a highly dynamic environment, in an extremely lively region of this world
- Connect with local startup scene and economic institutions in China and Switzerland
- Develop networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
Your daily schedule will include interesting tasks such as event conception, planning and realization given the needs of ongoing activities and projects. You support the team by applying your proven event management and organization skills. In addition you help out with visiting delegations. You work closely together with the project leaders and actively contribute content in order to promote swissnex’ activities and events, such as during the 10th anniversary of swissnex China.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN/CH citizenship only)
- You study in a Swiss or Chinese University (or University of Applied Sciences) and your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is not older than 1 year at the beginning of the internship
- You have gained experience in a similar environment in event organization and management
- Your excellent skills in storytelling and writing allow you to create attractive blogs and postings for our community in China and abroad
- Curiosity and interest in international and global affairs, emphasizing on China
- Superior written and oral English language skills; fluent in Chinese
- Team-minded and cooperative, reliable, innovative and self-driven proactive attitude
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until January 31, 2018!!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.