Starting February 1, 2019 until July 31, 2019 / 6 months
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior Project Manager with exceptional organizational and communication skills for the planning, promotion and realization of innovation and entrepreneurship related activities and events. Acting as a connector between people and ideas, you will prepare, develop, execute and post-process events in the exciting world of startups, innovation and technology. Working as Junior Project Manager for swissnex China will allow you to take a deep dive into emerging trends while gaining real-world experience at an official representation of Switzerland in one of the most dynamic regions of the world. As Junior Project Manager, you are able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring swissnex China’s outreach to the next level. Our international, super friendly and supportive team will be there to help guide you on this extraordinary journey.
- Project Management: Active support with the organization of startup, innovation and technology related activities and events, including project planning, fundraising and logistics. Assist with the design and implementation of in-house and external startup and entrepreneurship projects, events, delegation visits, conferences, workshops and fairs.
- Research and Trend Scouting: Conduct research on specific topics which are of relevance to startups and/or innovation mandates. Identify new trends and developments in the fields of innovation and technology. Prepare and hold presentations introducing the Sino-Swiss innovative landscape to visiting delegations.
- Communications: Project reporting and catchy storytelling. Edit and prepare on- and offline content such as blogs or brochures. Update and manage activities and contacts in internal CRM system.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: Act as a connector between people and ideas. Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings in China. Cultivate existing relations with partners and stakeholders and develop new contacts and networks in China relating to startups, innovation and technology.
- Assist the team with the organization and coordination of special events and high-profile delegation visits.
- Other administrative and support duties such as organization of weekly staff meeting as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN/CH citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (not older than 1 year), preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Strong interest in startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as in science, technology and innovation
- Enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering and promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Strong competency in conducting research and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Proactive, reliable, organized, flexible and creative
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international and local social media
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) and/or Chinese (Mandarin) are highly welcome
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK
Deadline is closing
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.
Date: June 11-13, 2019
Location: Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) + Kerry Hotel, Shanghai
About CES Asia 2019
CES Asia 2019 will serve as the premier event for the consumer technology industry in China. CES Asia showcases innovation across several vertical industries in the Asian marketplace while providing tech companies, from leading Chinese and global brands to cutting edge startups, a platform to create partnerships, build relationships and reinforce their brand. Industry executives, global buyers, government officials, market analysts, retailers, media and consumers from China will witness the latest products and technologies while celebrating the innovation and new trends that define the industry.
- 46,000+ attendees
- 500+ consumer tech exhibitors
- 1,400+ media and KOLs
- 42,000+ sq. meters
- More details on: www.cesasia.cn
Swiss Startup Pavilion @ CES Asia 2019
Just as was the case in 2018, swissnex China will be organizing a Swiss Startup Pavilion at CES Asia 2019. If you are an innovative Swiss Startup, join us and seize this unique opportunity to showcase your service/product at the biggest electronics fair in Asia!
6 great reasons to join the Pavilion:
- Free Booth Space: Booth space will be entirely paid for by swissnex China
- Pitch to Investors: Just before CES Asia begins, we will organize an investor pitch
- Startup Coaching: Insights into particular aspects of the Chinese startup ecosystem with local experts
- Company Visit: Visit to a local technology giant
- Expand your Network: Leverage our local knowledge and network
Highlights from CES Asia 2018 included
- 4 awards (Best Health Startup, Best Vehicle Tech Startup, Wearables Innovation, Sports & Fitness Innovation)
- Contacts to Investors & Buyers
- Unparalleled Exposure
- Full recap here
Interested in joining? If so, please share some information about your startup and its product/service and explain your motivation to join CES Asia 2019 in an email to email@example.com
(Deadline February 28, 2019) (Available spots are limited)
Startups from the following sectors are preferred
- Artificial Intelligence
- Vehicle Technology
- Lifestyle Technology
Organized by swissnex China in collaboration with Venturelab.
Date: June 13-15, 2018
Location: Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) + Kerry Hotel, Shanghai
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Available spots: limited
Contact person: Quentin Gigon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. swissnex China will make its booth available free of cost to Swiss startups interested in showcasing their products at the show.
By successfully applying for a space at our CES Asia booth, you will also receive the following benefits…
- Free demo chance in CES Asia at the swissnex China pavilion
- Free office infrastructure in swissnex office for business tour in China (max. 3 days)
- Leverage our local knowledge and network
- Invitation letter for Chinese visa
Please write to email@example.com to apply for a space.
(Deadline March 31st, 2018) (Available spots are limited)
About CES Asia
CES Asia 2018 will serve as the premier event for the consumer technology industry in China. CES Asia showcases innovation across several vertical industries in the Asian marketplace while providing tech companies, from leading Chinese and global brands to cutting edge startups, a platform to create partnerships, build relationships and reinforce their brand. Industry executives, global buyers, government officials, market analysts, retailers, media and consumers from China will witness the latest products and technologies while celebrating the innovation and new trends that define the industry. More info on: www.cesasia.cn
Facts & figures about CES Asia
- 500 exhibiting companies
- 40,000+ total attendance
- 1,200+ media
- 42,000+ sq. meters of exhibit space
Dear friends and partners,
Times flies, we will soon sign out the past lunar year, and welcome the Chinese New Year here. The other name of the Chinese New Year is Spring Festival, is about celebrating spring. Let us rock in the coming year with booming energy of swissnex China teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou! We are looking forward to work with you in the year of the dog!
Please accept our best wishes for your good health and lasting prosperity!
swissnex China team
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
The team at swissnex China wishes you peace, joy and prosperity throughout the coming year.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
We look forward to working with you in the year 2018 to come!
Swiss Center Shanghai
SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center
Job position: Trade Specialist
The role of the Trade Specialist will be to consult advice and support the Swiss company with the import and export procedures. The Swiss Center holds the appropriate import/export license and provides ready-to-use bounded and non-bounded warehouse.
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai (Pilot Free Trade Zone), Waigaoqiao, Fute East Road n°526.
The Swiss Center Shanghai, SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center (SCS) is located in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone and covers 4000sqm facilities with office, showroom and bonded – non bounded warehouse space. SCS supports Swiss companies to enter into the Chinese market with providing them concrete solution and network. SCS was found in 2000 and is today one of the biggest cluster of Swiss companies in Asia and has supported over 250SMEs in the last 15 years.
The new position at SCS is dedicated to the import/export service. The SCS Trade Officer will be responsible of SCS members and non-member who require support in the above procedures. Her/His role will be to prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods. She/He will determine, track duties, taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client. She/He will sign documents under a power of attorney and represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications. She/He will also coordinate with logistic partners on the transportation and storage of the goods.
The applicant will consult SCS member in identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing the needs, providing guidance and expert advice to them. As a representative of SCS in terms of import/export procedure, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time will be essential and decisive.
On a daily basis, the SCS Trade Officer will make decisions and solve all challenges the procedure ensues. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems will be the applicant key asset.
- Consult Swiss Center customers and provide import/export solution to them
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments
- Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney
- Clear goods through customs and to their destinations for clients
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents
- Monitor or trace the location of goods
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and quarantine
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds
- Quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported, based on tariffs and excise taxes
- Obtain line releases for frequent shippers of low-risk commodities, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing, or product distribution of imported or exported products
- Inform importers and exporters of steps to reduce duties and taxes
- Contract with freight forwarders for destination services
- Maintain relationships with customs brokers in other ports to expedite clearing of cargo
- Apply for tariff concessions or for duty drawbacks and other refunds
- Provide advice on transportation options, types of carriers, or shipping routes
- Prepare papers for shippers to appeal duty charges
- Suggest best methods of packaging or labeling products
- Insure cargo against loss, damage, or pilferage
- Develop and nurture relation with contacts outside the Swiss Center, represent the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Inform and train SCS colleagues on import/export procedure
- University degree or equivalent in Import/Export Management
- Native language Chinese, Proficiency in English
- Minimum 5 years experiences as a professional agent broker
- Experience in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone is a plus
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Initiative and solution oriented personality
- Able to work on the standard and technical software link with the import/export and logistic solution
- Accurate and precise work
- Comfortable dealing with foreigner
Person of contact: Emmanuelle Roduit, +86 139 1686 3284
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org