The Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing is affiliated to the Federal Department of Foreign affairs and represents the Swiss government in China. The Embassy is recruiting a Economic Officer (100%)
A fascinating and fast-changing country, China is the second biggest economic power in the world and the third most important commercial partner of Switzerland. The Economic, Financial and Commercial Section contributes to strengthening and enhancing the framework for Sino-Swiss trade and financial relations. The advertised vacancy offers a dynamic role in a field of highest priority to Switzerland. As a member of an intercultural team of experienced public policy professionals, you will work in a diplomatic setting to contribute to the strengthening of Sino-Swiss economic relations and to the promotion of Swiss interests.
Begin of employment: 15.05.2018
Place of employment: Embassy of Switzerland, Beijing
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze and report on the economic and trade policy of China, as well as Mongolia and North Korea (the side accreditations of the Embassy);
- Contribute to deepening Sino-Swiss economic relations and the improvement of the frame-work conditions for Swiss companies exporting to or doing business in China;
- Contribute to the implementation and development of the various bilateral and multilateral agreements, negotiations or dialogues in place with China, in particular the Sino-Swiss Free Trade Agreement and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank;
- Organize visits and provide assistance to official high-level or expert delegations from Switzerland;
- Engage with industry and provide targeted support to Swiss companies established in China;
- Develop a network with relevant Chinese authorities, local Swiss and Chinese business communities, foreign Embassies, as well as economic experts from academia and think tanks.
Required skills and conditions:
- Swiss national;
- Master degree, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Business, Law or Sinology;
- Working experience in government, business, economic affairs or related areas; applications of private industry professionals are encouraged;
- Knowledge of and strong interest in economic and political affairs of Switzerland and China;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task, willingness to travel occasionally within China and to work overtime when needed;
- Team player; intercultural understanding and sensitivity; open-mindedness; willingness to learn continuously;
- High professional standards, in particular integrity, transparency, discretion, reliability;
- Profound reporting and communication skills, excellent command of English (Proficiency Level) and at least one Swiss national language; fluency in Mandarin Chinese is considered an asset (spoken and reading);
- Mastering of key office applications, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point;
Local contract with excellent working conditions and market conform remuneration are offered.
Please submit your application with documents (letter of motivation, resume, 1 page written sample on any topic relating to international relations in German, French, Italian or English, references and certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th of April 2018
Reference in title: “Economic Officer”
Note on procedures:
– Only complete applications will be considered
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the submission deadline for an interview
– No phone calls inquiries please
The Swiss Business Hub (SBH) China, an entity of the Swiss Embassy in Beijing and a network partner of the official Swiss trade promotion organisation Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), with further offices at the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai and Guangzhou, is responsible for the Swiss export and investment promotion activities in China. For our Beijing office, we are recruiting a new
Investment Promotion Director / Deputy Head SBH (100%)
The main purpose of this position is to attract Chinese investments to Switzerland. We are looking for a high-achieving graduate with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree. You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position or a working experience in trade, marketing or PR in China, coupled with solid leadership experience and a profound knowledge of both the Chinese and Swiss business and cultural environment. You are preferably a Swiss national with professional English, German and French language skills as well as an excellent spoken ability of Mandarin Chinese. You are a strategically thinking, dynamic manager, a successful networker, a strong communicator and a highly reliable, quality oriented person. You enjoy presenting in front of an audience and have a keen interest in Public Relations, media and social media activities. You will lead a small team of local employees located in three different Chinese cities and report to the Head of the Swiss Business Hub China in Beijing.
Your tasks will include:
- Responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the yearly Investment Promotion (IP) targets (KPIs) as approved by S-GE and the Head of the SBH China; reporting to S-GE and partners
- Definition of the IP strategy in China, in cooperation with the Head of the SBH China and with S-GE in Switzerland
- HR-Management and coaching of local IP employees
- Replacement of the Head SBH China during periods of absence, incl. internal and external representation of SBH China, HR-management, supervision of SBH activities and responsibility for SBH reporting; consulting of the Head SBH China
- Leading the cooperation with important IP partners (Swiss cantons, regions, knowledge partners, external agencies); cooperation with Chinese, Swiss and international media Generation and careful editing of prospects (potential settlement projects), in cooperation with IP team; quality management of IP-activities in China
- Conception and organization of marketing, PR and media activities (e.g. roadshows, events, media projects) for the promotion of Switzerland as a business location for Chinese companies, including presentations in both English and Chinese
- Responsibility for the IP budget, including planning, controlling and financial reporting to S-GE
- Individual meetings with Chinese companies
- Creation of printing/online material for advertisement purposes
- Coordination of all IP matters with the Swiss Embassy in Beijing and the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu
Start of employment: Summer 2018 (by arrangement)
Place of employment: Embassy of Switzerland, Beijing – Swiss Business Hub China
If you are interested in a multifaceted job at the interface of public affairs and private economy, please send your English motivation letter, CV and further documentation until the 12th of March 2018 to:
Mr. Yves Morath, Head of Swiss Business Hub China, email@example.com, Tel. +86 10 8532 8888
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou is recruiting a Local Swiss Visa Officer
Place of employment: Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou
Your tasks will include among others:
- Service at the counter; contact with the clients ;
- Registering and processing visa applications ;
- Visa Examination and decision making process (after passing an examination test) – File administration and organization ;
- Deputy of the Head of the Visa Section ;
- E – mail correspondence ;
- Various other tasks in the Visa Section;
- Representing the Swiss local Consular and Administrative Officer during his absences ;
- Swiss citizen ship;
- Good communication skills and customer – friendly approach with visitors;
- Excellent command in spoken and written German/or French and English; Knowledge of Mandarin is an advantage;
- Excellent IT – skills;
- Good organizational ability; faculty to manage multiple tasks and to work under pressure;
- Efficient, methodical and independent working skills with strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal aptitudes; Readiness to attend further training workshops;
- High intercultural sensitivity, empathy and international mindset;
- Capacity to deal with confidential tasks – discretion and reliability are required;
You will be offered excellent working conditions, a trustworthy contract based on local labor law and a market conform remuneration as well as internal benefits.
Are you interested in a diversified job in an international context and are you convinced that you r aptitude s match the profile and our requirements? If so please send a motivation letter together with your CV and photograph, as well as references/certificates at your earliest convenience but at the latest by 10.03 .2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details>>> https://www.eda.admin.ch/guangzhou
Note on procedures:
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
- No phone calls inquiries please
Scientific Advisor / Deputy Head of the Science, Technology & Education Section at the Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing, China
The Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing is looking for a young professional Swiss national as a full-time Scientific Advisor to start local employment on 1st April 2018.
In this challenging position, you will be the focal point at the Embassy for everything related to higher education cooperation between Swiss and Chinese institutions. This – among other tasks – includes the implementation of the bilateral scholarship program, coordination of Swiss universities marketing activities in China, assistance of Swiss universities in their collaboration with Chinese partners, organization of delegation visits and distribution of relevant information to our contacts. You will also assist the Head of Section in analyzing developments in Chinese science and research, organizing public events and supporting high level visits. In the function as Deputy Head of Section you will have the opportunity to develop management and leadership skills in a small, dynamic team.
Higher Education and Swiss Federal Grants:
- Create visibility for Swiss Higher Education in China
- Support Swiss stakeholders in their China related activities
- Supervise and coordinate Swiss Federal Grants of Excellence
- Point of contact for alumni community in China
- Draft reports and analyze developments in the ERI fields
- Support the Head of Section and the team in accordance to the letter de mission
- Organize events to promote Swiss ERI landscape
- Optimize administration and management procedures within the team
- Representation of the Head of Section when required
Other Embassy tasks:
- Coordination of health related topics
Employment is full-time and on local contract (Chinese law is applicable, remuneration in RMB).
- Swiss national with, as a minimum, a Master degree
- Excellent knowledge of German and/or French as well as English; Chinese (both written and spoken) would be an asset
- Work experience in the field of higher education and/or international relations as well as science and research
- Marketing/PR experience is an additional asset
- Profound knowledge and interest in the Swiss higher education and science landscape
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Communicative personality & good team player
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Commitment to work at the Embassy of Switzerland in this function for at least two years
Please submit the following documents with your application (in English):
- Letter of motivation
- Two reference contacts
- Other relevant documents (certificates etc.)
Deadline: 14 February 2018
Reference in title: “To the attention of the Science, Technology and Education Section”.
Note on procedure: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the end of February.
No phone calls please. An excerpt of criminal record will be asked for shortlisted candidates.
swissnex China is looking for a dynamic Communications Manager (Marketing) for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities! Deadline: February 28, 2018; apply at the link below.
swissnex – the Science Consulate of Switzerland – conceives and builds multifaceted, interdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and China in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; accelerate startups and support entrepreneurs; advise tech corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official diplomatic representation of Switzerland in Shanghai, with teams in Beijing and Guangzhou.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital, and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Storytelling and communication (marketing) play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Communications team.
To complement our Communications team, we seek a proven creative digital expert with outstanding communications (incl. marketing & PR), media relations, content development, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bringing swissnex’s outreach to the next level.
You mix an outgoing personality with a strategic, data driven mindset, as well as an open and inclusive collaboration style and a “roll up your sleeves and get things done” attitude. Successful candidates will offer:
- BS/MS in Communications, Journalism with 5-to-8 years’ demonstrated effectiveness in these or related fields, along with strong interest in marketing, brand messaging, PR, creative campaigns, and thought leadership.
- Native fluency in Chinese and English required; a plus if you also speak French and/or German.
- Strong strategic skills and demonstrated ability to resolve problems, balance the needs of diverse groups, and carry projects through at a high level of excellence, on time and on budget. Proven superpowers in verbal, written, on-camera, digital, multimedia, and presentational communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences. Preferably have a breadth of experience spanning writing, editing, video, and design with samples of your work to share.
- Fluency in multiple social media channels and data analytics.
- Outstanding network of science & technology writers and media.
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Proven ability to build a brand.
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required.
- Base-level fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Note: due to our consular status applicants must either be Swiss or Chinese citizen. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting with local contract, 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave.
- A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment.
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network.
- A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with plenty of coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Interested candidates please apply via this link by February 28, 2018.
Starting January 1, 2018, or according to availability
Workload 50 – 100%
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 Xianxia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science consulate for China. Our mission is to promote Switzerland’s excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss universities, research institutes, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
We are looking for a service oriented and dedicated colleague who will run operations with a pragmatic approach, and good social competence and understanding about working in an international dynamic environment. You like to have things organized, and you have a strong readiness for support.
The tasks typically include:
- Project controlling: Manage project, mandate and agreement overview, control and collect project inquiries (incl. budget and monthly reports, on request) such as activities/events/delegations and annual planning.
- Accounting: Accounting skills; oversea project requests/budgeting along guidelines; data collection; pro-active improvements
- HR: job descriptions, regulations etc. (admin), vacation and overtime balance for staff/interns (overview, treat request)
- Liaison: Liaise with other local partnering institutions (Consulate General, Swiss Cham, etc.), organization of lectures and events, and administrative works, support team.
- Swiss passport holder (CH citizenship only)
- You completed your Master studies in a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Proven working experience in project and event management; pro-active; result-oriented
- Excellent conversation skills (oral/written) in English, and one national language
- Language skills in Chinese are a plus
- Experience in accounting and controlling, and monitoring
- Diligence and operational readiness
As proactive team player you support your colleagues whenever you can. You work in a collaborative way and appreciate diversity in a team. A high level of flexibility and great “people skills” would be beneficial.
We offer a work place which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural and fast-paced environment. Benefits include remuneration according to given environmental conditions, and a mix of Swiss/Chinese official holidays, and a generous amount of vacation days.
Please note: the conditions of employment are local – no diplomatic status or benefits!
Your application must include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference (work certificate from previous work experience)
- University diplomas, Language test certificates
If you don’t submit all documents requested properly, your application will not be further processed.
Apply until December 1, 2017 / (DL 8:00pm Shanghai time) or earlier to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline, and share further information during the recruitment process.
swissnex China’s mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education, and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded colleague to help us “connect the dots” in research, education, and innovation between Switzerland and China. We are building knowledge and networks with many universities, research organizations, and governmental agencies. Our passion is to bring closer professors, students, scientists, entrepreneurs and others for collaborative work.
Position Project Leader Academic Relations
Starting August 1, 2017, or according to availability
Located in Shanghai, China
Typical projects of a Project Leader Academic Relations at swissnex China include:
- Implementation of collaborative projects between Swiss and Chinese universities or research groups
- Support and connection for visiting delegations
- Organization of workshops, presentations, conferences from idea to completion and beyond
- Strategic use of social media to communicate information with our stakeholders
- Research on current trends in education, science and technology, and innovation
- Development of networks and relationships in the academic community
- Identify new areas for collaboration
- Support professors, administrators, sabbaticals, students in their projects
- Analysis of trends and new information in academic field
- Development of projects from idea to execution
- Grow and manage relationships with Chinese universities and institutions, Swiss partners and individual contacts
- Foster the Swiss university alumni network
- “Community” management using social media and other communication tools
- Support for events and delegation visits
- Swiss or Chinese citizenship
- BS or BA, Master preferred
- Knowledge of the academic field in China and Switzerland (education landscape)
- Working experience in a similar work environment (international relations office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in international cooperation in a relevant field such as S&T, education, and innovation;
- For Swiss citizens: native language German, French or Italian with excellent command of English and a second national language; Chinese knowledge highly preferred;
- For Chinese citizens: native language Mandarin, with excellent command in English, additional knowledge in French or German highly preferred.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated colleague to help us identify and engage with partners or new contacts. We want a team player who can work in a collaborative way while appreciating the diversity of the staff. An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and great “people skills”, combined with fresh ideas and the readiness to help the new colleagues are a great plus. We offer a platform which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include remuneration according to the given environmental conditions, some Swiss and Chinese official holidays, additional to the generous amount of vacation days.
Please note that the conditions of employment are local, and for Swiss or Chinese citizens/passport holders only.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
Apply until June 30, 2017 to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.