Starting January 1, 2018, or according to availability
Workload 50 – 100%
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 Xianxia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science consulate for China. Our mission is to promote Switzerland’s excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss universities, research institutes, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
We are looking for a service oriented and dedicated colleague who will run operations with a pragmatic approach, and good social competence and understanding about working in an international dynamic environment. You like to have things organized, and you have a strong readiness for support.
The tasks typically include:
- Project controlling: Manage project, mandate and agreement overview, control and collect project inquiries (incl. budget and monthly reports, on request) such as activities/events/delegations and annual planning.
- Accounting: Accounting skills; oversea project requests/budgeting along guidelines; data collection; pro-active improvements
- HR: job descriptions, regulations etc. (admin), vacation and overtime balance for staff/interns (overview, treat request)
- Liaison: Liaise with other local partnering institutions (Consulate General, Swiss Cham, etc.), organization of lectures and events, and administrative works, support team.
- Swiss passport holder (CH citizenship only)
- You completed your Master studies in a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Proven working experience in project and event management; pro-active; result-oriented
- Excellent conversation skills (oral/written) in English, and one national language
- Language skills in Chinese are a plus
- Experience in accounting and controlling, and monitoring
- Diligence and operational readiness
As proactive team player you support your colleagues whenever you can. You work in a collaborative way and appreciate diversity in a team. A high level of flexibility and great “people skills” would be beneficial.
We offer a work place which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural and fast-paced environment. Benefits include remuneration according to given environmental conditions, and a mix of Swiss/Chinese official holidays, and a generous amount of vacation days.
Please note: the conditions of employment are local – no diplomatic status or benefits!
Your application must include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference (work certificate from previous work experience)
- University diplomas, Language test certificates
If you don’t submit all documents requested properly, your application will not be further processed.
Apply until December 1, 2017 / (DL 8:00pm Shanghai time) or earlier to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline, and share further information during the recruitment process.
swissnex China’s mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education, and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded colleague to help us “connect the dots” in research, education, and innovation between Switzerland and China. We are building knowledge and networks with many universities, research organizations, and governmental agencies. Our passion is to bring closer professors, students, scientists, entrepreneurs and others for collaborative work.
Position Project Leader Academic Relations
Starting August 1, 2017, or according to availability
Located in Shanghai, China
Typical projects of a Project Leader Academic Relations at swissnex China include:
- Implementation of collaborative projects between Swiss and Chinese universities or research groups
- Support and connection for visiting delegations
- Organization of workshops, presentations, conferences from idea to completion and beyond
- Strategic use of social media to communicate information with our stakeholders
- Research on current trends in education, science and technology, and innovation
- Development of networks and relationships in the academic community
- Identify new areas for collaboration
- Support professors, administrators, sabbaticals, students in their projects
- Analysis of trends and new information in academic field
- Development of projects from idea to execution
- Grow and manage relationships with Chinese universities and institutions, Swiss partners and individual contacts
- Foster the Swiss university alumni network
- “Community” management using social media and other communication tools
- Support for events and delegation visits
- Swiss or Chinese citizenship
- BS or BA, Master preferred
- Knowledge of the academic field in China and Switzerland (education landscape)
- Working experience in a similar work environment (international relations office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in international cooperation in a relevant field such as S&T, education, and innovation;
- For Swiss citizens: native language German, French or Italian with excellent command of English and a second national language; Chinese knowledge highly preferred;
- For Chinese citizens: native language Mandarin, with excellent command in English, additional knowledge in French or German highly preferred.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated colleague to help us identify and engage with partners or new contacts. We want a team player who can work in a collaborative way while appreciating the diversity of the staff. An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and great “people skills”, combined with fresh ideas and the readiness to help the new colleagues are a great plus. We offer a platform which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include remuneration according to the given environmental conditions, some Swiss and Chinese official holidays, additional to the generous amount of vacation days.
Please note that the conditions of employment are local, and for Swiss or Chinese citizens/passport holders only.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
Apply until June 30, 2017 to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.