Internship in Innovation & Entrepreneurship at swissnex China in Shanghai
Start September 1, 2020 until February 28, 2021 / 6 months
Location swissnex China, Shanghai
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
As Junior Project Manager at swissnex China, you will act as a connector between people and ideas. You will prepare, develop, execute and post-process activities and events in the exciting world of startups, innovation and technology. This unique opportunity will allow you to take a deep dive into emerging trends while gaining real-world experience at an official representation of Switzerland in one of the most dynamic regions of the world. We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious team player with exceptional organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring Swiss excellence to the next level. You will be joining a dynamic and supportive team and working in an international, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- Event & Project Management: Plan, execute and post-process in-house and external activities related to science, technology and innovation (events, conferences, study trips, workshops, trade fairs such as CES Asia, Venture Leaders, Future of Money etc.), including logistics, fundraising and editing of reports and blogs
- Communications: Project-related and general communications
- Research: Identify trends and developments in science, technology and innovation; edit reports
- Networking: Cultivate and develop a network of partners and stakeholders. Attend relevant events and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. support the team with special events and delegation visits)
- Swiss citizenship (with official residence in Switzerland) or Chinese citizenship
- Bachelor or master’s students and graduates (start of internship within 1 year after graduation), preferably from a Swiss university or university of applied sciences
- Excellent written and oral command of English and knowledge of at least one Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh); Chinese language skills welcome
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international social media
- Strong interest in startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as in science, technology and innovation
- Fast-thinking, proactive, organized and reliable problem-solver
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract.
- Please note that costs for accommodation and traveling as well as expenses related to visa and working/residence permit are to be borne by the candidate and will not be covered or reimbursed by the employer.
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK or the form below. Deadline extended to June 28, 2020!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas including transcript of records and work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications in due time. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.