Academic Internship in Academic Relations at swissnex China in Shanghai
Start September 1, 2020 until February 28, 2021 / 6 months
Location swissnex China, Shanghai
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior Project Manager with exceptional communications and organizational skills to promote swissnex China’s many projects and activities in the field of Academic Relations. Acting as a connector between people, projects and ideas, you will support swissnex China to initiate and foster knowledge exchange and long-lasting partnerships between Swiss and Chinese higher educational institutions. As Junior Project Manager, you are happy to embrace and lead change, able to work across disciplines and ready to help us bring swissnex’s outreach to the next level. You will be joining a dynamic and supportive team and working in an international, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- Academic Relations: Establish and cultivate close relationship with stakeholders from Swiss and Chinese higher educational institutions. Facilitate collaborations and exchanges for students, researchers and professors. Support visiting delegations, professors, administrators, sabbaticals and students.
- Project Management: Organize and coordinate delegation visits, events, workshops, presentations and conferences.
- Research: Conduct research on Chinese higher education and innovation. Closely follow current trends in the academic field. Prepare and hold presentations introducing Swiss higher education system and other hot topics to students.
- Communications & Networking: Represent Swiss universities as ambassador at student fairs, educational conferences and respond to queries and requests relating to the educational field. Support, strengthen and expand the Swiss Alumni network in China.
- Swiss citizenship (with official residence in Switzerland) or Chinese citizenship
- Bachelor or master’s students and graduates (start of internship within 1 year after graduation), preferably from a Swiss university or university of applied sciences
- Knowledge of the higher education environment in Switzerland and China preferred
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Strong competency in research and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Proactive, reliable, independent, organized and service-oriented team player
- Enthusiasm for swissnex China’s mission as well as strong interest in science and technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international social media landscape
- Excellent written and oral command of English; intermediate level in Chinese and knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) highly preferred
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract.
- Please note that costs for accommodation and traveling as well as expenses related to visa and working/residence permit are to be borne by the candidate and will not be covered or reimbursed by the employer.
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to the LINK or the form below. Deadline extended to June 28, 2020!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications in due time. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.