The Embassy of Switzerland in the P.R. of China in Beijing offers two internship positions to highly motivated and qualified candidates. The applications will be assessed by the heads respective embassy sections:
- Science, Technology and Education (STE) section (one opening);
- Culture and Media (C&M) section (one opening).
The interns will closely work with members of its respective section as well as colleagues within the Embassy and the Swiss Consulates in Chengdu, Guangzhou and Shanghai (incl. swissnex China). Further, both sections have an active community and circle of stakeholders with whom the sections hold close cooperative and collaborative activities. A detailed job description will be determined according to the specific needs of the sections during the interviews. The work ranges from writing reports on topics related to the assigned sections, administrative work, supporting the management of projects and organizations of delegation visits. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) over 6 months from March 2nd, 2020 to August 31st, 2020.
- Swiss citizenship;
- Not graduated more than 12 months prior to the start of the internship;
- Interest in international cooperation in a relevant field (science, technology, education and innovation and/or media and culture related to Switzerland and P.R. China);
- Excellent command of English and two national languages; Chinese highly preferred.
- The Embassy offers a remuneration based on EDA regulations for internships;
- Interns must shoulder all personal costs/expenses (incl. travel, accommodation etc.).
- CV & cover letter expressing your motivation
- Copy of university diploma and/or grade reports
- Work testimonials from previous employers
- Interviews: January 3-17, 2020: Decision: January 20/21, 2020
Applications should be sent by email ONLY to:
Please note: The subject of your application email must be: Application for an Internship
Only complete applications will be considered. Please no calls.