Operations Manager at swissnex China in Shanghai
Start February 1, 2020 or upon agreement
Location swissnex China, Shanghai
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Operations Manager with a can-do attitude and a passion for smooth practices to run and optimize swissnex China’s operational activities and processes. As a reliable and service-oriented enthusiast demonstrating excellent organizational skills you will complement our team by coordinating and overseeing projects, mandates and resources while following a pragmatic and proactive approach. You will not only work closely together with the team to boost the qualitative output of projects and activities; you will also closely collaborate with the CEO to advance the development of swissnex China as a whole. Additionally, you will support the coordination of science diplomacy projects and high-profile delegation visits. The ideal candidate is open minded, able to work across disciplines in a foreign environment and happy to embrace challenges and lead change. This role will not only provide you with a unique opportunity to further develop your professional skills, it will also allow you to extend your personal network of contacts in the exciting field of science, research and innovation. As Operations Manager at swissnex China you will be joining an international, highly dynamic and most supportive team, working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative ecosystem.
- Project Controlling: Project planning and coordination with CEO and team. Monitor project requests, reporting and budgeting. Manage mandates and agreements with various partners and stakeholders and keep comprehensive overview including deadlines. Ensure compliance with organizational handbook. Collaborate closely with Financial Officer for budget planning and adherence with regulations. Some basic accounting knowledge of advantage.
- Line Management: Develop, optimize and streamline operational processes; oversee and ensure efficient implementation within the team. Look for potential issues and work proactively on structural improvements.
- Human Resources: Draft job descriptions, conduct interviews and manage recruitments. Process and record HR data with HR tool. Observe performances of and act as mentor to the team. Treat job requests.
- General Administration: CRM, treatment of external requests, archiving, risk management, etc.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: Act as a connector between people and ideas. Cultivate and develop network with partners and stakeholders from the Sino-Swiss education, research and innovation community. Introduce swissnex China to visiting delegations and hold presentations, if requested.
- Swiss passport holder (CH citizenship only)
- Master’s degree, preferably from a Swiss university or university of applied sciences
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Knowledge of a Swiss national language and Mandarin preferred
- Proven working experience in project coordination and/or management
- Strong readiness for operational, HR and administrative tasks
- Flair for numbers and controlling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Reliable, organized, result-oriented, independent
- Strong sensibility for intercultural management; team player
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission to promote Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Experience with Office tools and Mac OS; knowledge of other operational tools welcome
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract.
- Please note that costs for accommodation and traveling are to be borne by the candidate and will not be covered or reimbursed by the employer.
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until December 31, 2019!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation and resumé (CV)
- Copies of letters of reference, work certificates and university diplomas, including transcript of records
We will reply to incoming applications in due time. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.