Academic Internship in Energy Innovation Project Management at swissnex China in Shanghai
Starting October 1, 2019 until April 30, 2020 / 7 months
Located in swissnex China, Shanghai
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior Project Manager for Energy Innovation Project who is passionate about advancing key technological areas and foster collaboration in Energy Innovation between Switzerland and China. You will be responsible for organizing the Sino-Swiss Energy Innovation Forum in March 2020, a 4-day collaborative networking forum where attendees can exchange ideas and explore energy innovations, strategies, market developments and policies. The forum will provide inspiring panels, discussions, field trips, and interactive presentations from industry, authorities, research and start-ups.
Working closely with the CEO, swissnex China team and top-level Swiss and Chinese stakeholders, you will prepare, design, execute and post-process the event, while seeking opportunities to add value. This also allows you to take a deep dive into emerging trends, seek collaborative opportunities for Switzerland on a global scale while gaining real-world experience working as Junior Project Manager in Energy Innovation at an official representation of Switzerland in one of the fastest-changing regions of the world. Additionally, you will be tasked with supporting the team with the coordination of science diplomacy projects and high-profile delegation visits. In this role you will not only be afforded the opportunity to take part in the planning and execution of exciting projects and events but will also be able to extend your personal network of contacts and gain practical experience by supporting the team in administrative and operational tasks. Our hard-working, super friendly and supportive team will be there to help guide you on this extraordinary journey.
- Project Management: Setting up a high-profile Energy Innovation forum event in China, responsibilities include project planning, fundraising and logistics.
- Research and Trend Scouting: Conduct research on specific topics in the energy innovation field, possess a readiness to build up knowledge, take a dive deep into emerging trends, and seek collaborative opportunities for Switzerland on global scale. Identify new trends and developments in the fields of innovation and technology. Prepare and hold presentations introducing the Sino-Swiss innovative landscape to visiting delegations.
- Communications: Catchy storytelling for blogs, social media etc. Actively contribute to social media presence.
- Networking & ‘Adding Value’: Serve as a resource and advocate for Swiss-based developments in energy innovation. Cultivate and develop network with partners and stakeholders from the Sino-Swiss startup, innovation and technology scene. Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings in China.
- Assist the team with the organization of special events, science diplomacy projects and high-profile delegation visits.
- Other administrative and support duties such as organization of weekly staff meeting as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN/CH citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (not older than 1 year), preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Strong knowledge of energy innovation ecosystem in Switzerland and China as well as interest in science, technology and innovation
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering and promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Strong competency in conducting research and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Proactive, reliable, organized, flexible and creative
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international and local social media
- Excellent written and oral command of English; knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin) highly preferred
Please note that expenses for accommodation, traveling, visa and residence/working permit are not covered or reimbursed.
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until August 10, 2019!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas and transcript of records as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.