Academic Internship in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Starting September 1, 2019 until February 29, 2020 / 6 months
Located in swissnex China, Shanghai
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior Project Manager with exceptional organizational and communication skills for the planning, promotion and realization of innovation and entrepreneurship related activities and events. Acting as a connector between people and ideas, you will prepare, develop, execute and post-process events in the exciting world of startups, innovation and technology. Working as Junior Project Manager for swissnex China will allow you to take a deep dive into emerging trends while gaining real-world experience at an official representation of Switzerland in one of the most dynamic regions of the world. As Junior Project Manager, you are able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring swissnex China’s outreach to the next level. Our international, super friendly and supportive team will be there to help guide you on this extraordinary journey.
- Project Management: Active support with the organization of startup, innovation and technology related activities and events, including project planning, fundraising and logistics. Assist with the design and implementation of in-house and external startup and entrepreneurship projects, events, delegation visits, conferences, workshops and fairs. Project reporting and catchy storytelling for blogs, social media etc.
- Research and Trend Scouting: Conduct research on specific topics which are of relevance to startups and/or innovation mandates. Identify new trends and developments in the fields of innovation and technology. Prepare and hold presentations introducing the Sino-Swiss innovative landscape to visiting delegations.
- Communications: Create promotional online and offline material. Actively contribute to social media presence.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: Cultivate and develop network with partners and stakeholders from the Sino-Swiss startup, innovation and technology scene. Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings in China.
- Assist the team with the organization of special events, science diplomacy projects and high-profile delegation visits.
- Other administrative and support duties such as organization of weekly staff meeting as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN/CH citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (not older than 1 year), preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Strong interest in startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as in science, technology and innovation
- Enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering and promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Strong competency in conducting research and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Proactive, reliable, organized, flexible and creative
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international and local social media
- Fluency in one Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh); excellent written and oral command of English; knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin) highly preferred
Please note that expenses for accommodation, traveling, visa and residence/working permit are not covered or reimbursed.
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until June 30, 2019!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas and transcript of records as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.