Internship in Academic Relations
Start July 1, 2019 until December 31, 2019 / 6 months
Located in swissnex China, 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior Project Manager with exceptional communications and organizational skills to promote swissnex China’s many projects and activities in the field of Academic Relations. Acting as a connector between people, projects and ideas, you will support swissnex China to initiate and foster knowledge exchange and long-lasting partnerships between Swiss and Chinese higher educational institutions. As Junior Project Manager, you are able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring swissnex’s outreach to the next level. You will be joining a dynamic and supportive team working in an international, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- Academic Relations: Establish and cultivate close relationship with stakeholders from Swiss and Chinese higher educational institutions. Facilitate collaborations and exchanges for students, researchers and professors. Support visiting delegations, professors, administrators, sabbaticals and students.
- Project Management: Organize and coordinate delegation visits, events, workshops, presentations and conferences.
- Research: Conduct various research on Chinese higher education and innovation. Closely follow current trends in the academic field. Prepare and hold presentations introducing hot topics for students.
- Communications & Networking: Represent Swiss universities as ambassador at student fairs, educational conferences and respond to queries and requests relating to the educational field. Support, strengthen and expand the Swiss Alumni network in China.
- Swiss or Chinese citizenship
- Bachelor or master’s degree (not older than 1 year), preferably from a Swiss university or university of applied sciences
- Knowledge of the higher education environment in Switzerland and China preferred
- Prior experience in event organization and/or project management in a similar field preferred
- Strong competency in doing research and writing animating reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; avid networker and enthusiastic presenter
- Proactive, reliable, independent, organized, service-oriented, team player
- Enthusiasm for swissnex China’s mission as well as strong interest in science and technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as knowledge of international and local social media
- Excellent written and oral command of English; intermediate level in Mandarin and knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) highly preferred
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until May 27, 2019!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.