Project Coordinator Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Full-time)
Starting February 1, 2019
Duration 1 year, extension contingent on performance
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Project Coordinator Innovation and Entrepreneurship to help us plan and execute swissnex China’s many projects and activities. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring Swiss excellence to the next level. In this role you will not only be afforded the opportunity to further develop your networking and project management skills, you will also be able to extend your personal network of contacts in the startup and innovation field as well as in areas such as science and education. As Project Coordinator at swissnex China, you will be joining an international, dynamic and supportive team, working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- Project Coordination and Management: Organization and coordination of startup, innovation and technology related activities and events, including project management, fundraising and logistics. Design and implement in-house and external startup and entrepreneurship projects, events, conferences, workshops, fairs, delegation visits and support startups during their involvement in projects such as the Innosuisse China Entry Camp, Venture Leaders or CES Asia. Execution of specific duties related to innovation mandates (as defined per mandate).
- Research and Trend Scouting: Conduct research on specific topics which are of relevance to startups and/or innovation mandates. Identify new trends and developments in the fields of innovation and technology.
- Communications: Manage communication between partners, sponsors, and other project stakeholders. Update and manage activities and contacts in internal CRM system. Edit and prepare on- and offline content such as blogs or brochures and collaborate with communications team for the promotion of startup/innovation events.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: Act as a connector between people and ideas. Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings in China. Cultivate existing relations with partners and stakeholders and develop new contacts and networks in China relating to startups, innovation and technology.
- Other administrative and support duties as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CH / CN citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Proven record (2 or more but less than 5 years) of work, preferably with project management experience
- Understanding of and interest in startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Experience in or understanding of science, technology and innovation, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering and promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and flexible for occasional evening or weekend assignments
- Proactive networker
- Organized and reliable
- Proven ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Prioritize tasks under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin; knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) would be an advantage
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until December 31, 2018!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.