Academic Internship in PR & Communications
Starting February 1, 2019 until July 31, 2019 / 6 Months
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in education, research and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a bright, self-driven and ambitious Junior PR & Communications Manager with exceptional creative energy to help us promote swissnex China’s many projects and activities. As an outgoing media-savvy marketer with outstanding communications, media relations and organizational skills, you will complement our team by coordinating and supporting our communications activities with external and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bring swissnex’s outreach to the next level. As Junior PR & Communications Manager at swissnex China, you will be joining a dynamic and supportive team working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- General Communications: report to and support the Communications Manager in further developing, strengthening and implementing swissnex China’s on- and offline communications strategy. Working closely with the Junior Digital Marketing Manager, oversee marketing & communications tasks related to swissnex projects and activities, from copywriting, translation, marketing analytics, graphics work to videos editing. Help maintain and grow database of contacts for the swissnex CRM: invitations, newsletters (MailChimp) and announcements.
- PR & Media Outreach: research and build a network of media contacts for press release distribution and invitation to swissnex China events. Reach out to media and partners for the promotion of swissnex activities. Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of Swiss scientific, technological and academic institutions. Conduct and compile research for new communications opportunities.
- Web & Social Media: help develop a solid and coherent communications strategy, and ensure a positive and innovative presence of swissnex China across various web/social media channels. Conceptualize compelling content, schedule and implement social media / web campaigns using the Social Media Calendar.
- ‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking: act as a connector between people and ideas.
- Other administrative and support duties as assigned.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CH / CN citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, avid networker and strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work well and prioritize tasks under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Serious attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proactive, reliable, independent, team player, organized
- Previous experience in a PR and / or Communications role preferred
- Strong creative ability in copywriting, editing, video, and design with samples of your work to share
- Fluency in multiple social media channels: WeChat / Weibo / LinkedIn / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
- Experience or understanding of science, technology and innovation, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission: furthering and promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / InDesign / Premiere Pro) highly desired
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin; knowledge of a Swiss National language (German, French, Italian or Romansh) would be an advantage
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until December 31, 2018!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
- A sample of your writing in both English and Chinese
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.