Summer Internship in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Starting July 15, 2018 until September 21, 2018 / 10 Weeks
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in science, education, art and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
This summer internship offers you the following:
- Support the organization of Venture Leaders China, our flagship program for Swiss startups in China
- Gain work experience in a highly dynamic environment, in an extremely lively region of this world
- Connect with local startup scene and economic institutions in China and Switzerland
- Develop networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
Your daily schedule will include interesting tasks such as active research on the local startup scene for visiting Swiss startups from the Venture Leaders China Tour, as well as reporting and storytelling on the corresponding activities and on latest developments and trends. Bringing in creative ideas and your support to the team are much appreciated.
- Chinese or Swiss passport holder (CN / CH citizenship only)
- Written and oral Mandarin (native) and English (fluent) language skills are mandatory; further languages (especially German, French) are a plus
- You have obtained or are pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Economics, or a related field
- Curiosity and interest in international and global affairs, emphasizing on China and Switzerland
- Special interest about latest tech developments, and knowledge about the startup scene in Switzerland and China is highly preferred
- Team-minded and cooperative, reliable, innovative and self-driven, proactive mindset
- Experience in a similar working environment is a plus
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until July 8, 2018!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.