Project Leader Academic Relations
Starting September 1, 2018
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in science, education, art and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven Project Leader Academic Relations to help us initiate and foster knowledge exchange and long-lasting partnerships between Switzerland and China in the field of Higher Education. Working closely with the CEO, you will initiate and manage a wide portfolio of projects, supporting Swiss universities with their activities in China from delegation visits to scientific collaborations. The role offers a unique chance to work with leading academic institutions, thought leaders and researchers from Switzerland and China, providing a platform to build your leadership skills and professional network. As project leader at swissnex China, you will be joining a dynamic and supportive team working in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment at our Shanghai office.
- Academic Relations: Cultivate close relationship with stakeholders from the academia, in particular Swiss Universities and Research Centers. Act as a local intelligence resource in China, providing the stakeholders with a rich network of prospective partners from various sectors to facilitate collaborations and exchanges for students, researchers and professors. Support visiting delegations, professors, administrators, sabbaticals and students.
- Program Management: Overseeing tailor-made collaborative projects between Swiss and Chinese universities or research groups from ideation to implementation. Organization of workshops, presentations, conferences. Identify, contact and coach speakers, exhibitors and participants.
- Research: Conduct on- and offline research and stay up-to-date on the current trends in the academic field, as well as latest developments in education, science, technology and innovation. Identify new areas for collaboration and open new doors in China for strategic partnerships.
- Communications & Networking: Act as a connector between people, projects and ideas, cultivating active exchange between Switzerland and China in the educational landscape. Represent Swiss Universities as ambassador at student fairs, educational conferences and respond to queries and requests relating to the educational field. Promote mandate partners and bolster their visibility while projecting their image of teaching and research excellence. Support, strengthen and expand the Swiss Alumni Network in China, in collaboration with the Swiss Embassy and Consulates.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN / CH citizenship only)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, preferably from a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Exposure to academia and the higher education industry in Switzerland and China, with access to key people and networks in the areas of science and higher education.
- Working experience in a similar work environment (e.g. international relations office)
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, avid networker and strong negotiation skills
- Proactive, flexible, open to new ideas, team player, organized
- Interest in international cooperation in a relevant field such as S&T, education and innovation;
- For Swiss citizens: native language German, French or Italian with excellent command of English and a second national language; Chinese knowledge highly preferred;
- For Chinese citizens: native language Mandarin, with excellent command of English, additional knowledge in French or German highly preferred.
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until July 15, 2018!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.