Internship in Blockchain Event Project Management
Starting August 15, 2018 (or earlier) until December 31, 2018 / 5 months
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Science Consulate of Switzerland for China, connecting the dots between the two countries in science, education, art and innovation. Our mission is to provide a multi-faceted, transdisciplinary platform to facilitate international exchange in ideas, knowledge and talent. We operate on a non-profit, public-private partnership model, working closely with our extensive network of partners comprising of universities, research labs, innovators, startups, corporations and international organizations on fostering collaboration and ground-breaking innovation.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Intern for Blockchain who is passionate about advancing key technological areas in blockchain. With a wealth of experts and the proliferation of blockchain startups across its FinTech space, Switzerland has quickly become a prominent blockchain hub of the world. A very supportive government, a dynamic environment and high motivation for success are important drivers of Swiss innovation in blockchain. Given this fertile background, swissnex has built up a successful Fintech series entitled the “Future of Money”, which started back in 2014. As Junior Project Manager, you will work on setting up a global event in Switzerland with TED-style speaker and panelists from the swissnex network countries. Working closely with the CEO, swissnex China team, the global swissnex network and importantly with our headquarters (the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation) in Bern, you will prepare, design, execute and post-process the event. This also allows you to take a deep dive into emerging trends, seek collaborative opportunities for Switzerland on a global scale while gaining real-world experience working as Junior Project Manager on blockchain at an official representation of Switzerland in one of the fastest-changing regions of the world. Additionally, you will be tasked with supporting the team with the coordination of science diplomacy projects and high-profile delegation visits. In this role you will not only be afforded the opportunity to take part in the planning and execution of exciting projects and events, but will also be able to extend your personal network of contacts and gain practical experience by supporting the team in administrative and operational tasks. Our hard-working, super friendly and supportive team will be there to help guide you on this extraordinary journey.
- Setting up a global event in Switzerland with TED-style speaker and panelists from the swissnex network countries.
- Collaborate with the swissnex China team, the global swissnex network, our headquarters in Bern and Swiss Universities.
- Prepare, design, execute and post-process the global event, while seeking opportunities to add value.
- Possess a readiness to build up knowledge, take a dive deep into emerging trends, and seek collaborative opportunities for Switzerland on global scale.
- Serve as a resource and advocate for Swiss-based blockchain developments.
- Perform other duties as assigned (science diplomacy projects and limited support to special events).
- Swiss passport holder (CH citizenship only)
- You study / have studied at a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- You must be enrolled in an university or have graduated within 12 months from the beginning of the internship
- Excellent writing skills, multi-tasking, strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Superior written and oral English language skills; additional languages (Swiss National Languages in particular) are welcome
- Experience or strong understanding of the fields of Blockchain and experience in event curation
- Fast-thinking, proactive problem-solving skills with the self-motivation to make things happen with a positive outlook
- Curiosity and interest in science and international affairs, with emphasis on Switzerland and China
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until June 24, 2018!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, university diplomas, and transcript of records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. No phone call inquiries please.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.