Job Announcement – Scientific Advisor, Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing
Scientific Advisor / Deputy Head of the Science, Technology & Education Section at the Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing, China
The Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing is looking for a young professional Swiss national as a full-time Scientific Advisor to start local employment on 1st April 2018.
In this challenging position, you will be the focal point at the Embassy for everything related to higher education cooperation between Swiss and Chinese institutions. This – among other tasks – includes the implementation of the bilateral scholarship program, coordination of Swiss universities marketing activities in China, assistance of Swiss universities in their collaboration with Chinese partners, organization of delegation visits and distribution of relevant information to our contacts. You will also assist the Head of Section in analyzing developments in Chinese science and research, organizing public events and supporting high level visits. In the function as Deputy Head of Section you will have the opportunity to develop management and leadership skills in a small, dynamic team.
Higher Education and Swiss Federal Grants:
- Create visibility for Swiss Higher Education in China
- Support Swiss stakeholders in their China related activities
- Supervise and coordinate Swiss Federal Grants of Excellence
- Point of contact for alumni community in China
- Draft reports and analyze developments in the ERI fields
- Support the Head of Section and the team in accordance to the letter de mission
- Organize events to promote Swiss ERI landscape
- Optimize administration and management procedures within the team
- Representation of the Head of Section when required
Other Embassy tasks:
- Coordination of health related topics
Employment is full-time and on local contract (Chinese law is applicable, remuneration in RMB).
- Swiss national with, as a minimum, a Master degree
- Excellent knowledge of German and/or French as well as English; Chinese (both written and spoken) would be an asset
- Work experience in the field of higher education and/or international relations as well as science and research
- Marketing/PR experience is an additional asset
- Profound knowledge and interest in the Swiss higher education and science landscape
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Communicative personality & good team player
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Commitment to work at the Embassy of Switzerland in this function for at least two years
Please submit the following documents with your application (in English):
- Letter of motivation
- Two reference contacts
- Other relevant documents (certificates etc.)
Deadline: 14 February 2018
Reference in title: “To the attention of the Science, Technology and Education Section”.
Note on procedure: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the end of February.
No phone calls please. An excerpt of criminal record will be asked for shortlisted candidates.