Open Position: Communications Manager (Marketing)
swissnex China is looking for a dynamic Communications Manager (Marketing) for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities! Deadline: February 28, 2018; apply at the link below.
swissnex – the Science Consulate of Switzerland – conceives and builds multifaceted, interdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and China in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; accelerate startups and support entrepreneurs; advise tech corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official diplomatic representation of Switzerland in Shanghai, with teams in Beijing and Guangzhou.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital, and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Storytelling and communication (marketing) play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Communications team.
To complement our Communications team, we seek a proven creative digital expert with outstanding communications (incl. marketing & PR), media relations, content development, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bringing swissnex’s outreach to the next level.
You mix an outgoing personality with a strategic, data driven mindset, as well as an open and inclusive collaboration style and a “roll up your sleeves and get things done” attitude. Successful candidates will offer:
- BS/MS in Communications, Journalism with 5-to-8 years’ demonstrated effectiveness in these or related fields, along with strong interest in marketing, brand messaging, PR, creative campaigns, and thought leadership.
- Native fluency in Chinese and English required; a plus if you also speak French and/or German.
- Strong strategic skills and demonstrated ability to resolve problems, balance the needs of diverse groups, and carry projects through at a high level of excellence, on time and on budget. Proven superpowers in verbal, written, on-camera, digital, multimedia, and presentational communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences. Preferably have a breadth of experience spanning writing, editing, video, and design with samples of your work to share.
- Fluency in multiple social media channels and data analytics.
- Outstanding network of science & technology writers and media.
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Proven ability to build a brand.
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required.
- Base-level fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Note: due to our consular status applicants must either be Swiss or Chinese citizen. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting with local contract, 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave.
- A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment.
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network.
- A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with plenty of coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Interested candidates please apply via this link by February 28, 2018.