The Swiss Business Hub (SBH) China, an entity of the Swiss Embassy in Beijing and a network partner of the official Swiss trade promotion organisation Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), with further offices at the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai and Guangzhou, is responsible for the Swiss export and investment promotion activities in China. For our Beijing office, we are recruiting a new
Investment Promotion Director / Deputy Head SBH (100%)
The main purpose of this position is to attract Chinese investments to Switzerland. We are looking for a high-achieving graduate with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree. You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position or a working experience in trade, marketing or PR in China, coupled with solid leadership experience and a profound knowledge of both the Chinese and Swiss business and cultural environment. You are preferably a Swiss national with professional English, German and French language skills as well as an excellent spoken ability of Mandarin Chinese. You are a strategically thinking, dynamic manager, a successful networker, a strong communicator and a highly reliable, quality oriented person. You enjoy presenting in front of an audience and have a keen interest in Public Relations, media and social media activities. You will lead a small team of local employees located in three different Chinese cities and report to the Head of the Swiss Business Hub China in Beijing.
Your tasks will include:
- Responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the yearly Investment Promotion (IP) targets (KPIs) as approved by S-GE and the Head of the SBH China; reporting to S-GE and partners
- Definition of the IP strategy in China, in cooperation with the Head of the SBH China and with S-GE in Switzerland
- HR-Management and coaching of local IP employees
- Replacement of the Head SBH China during periods of absence, incl. internal and external representation of SBH China, HR-management, supervision of SBH activities and responsibility for SBH reporting; consulting of the Head SBH China
- Leading the cooperation with important IP partners (Swiss cantons, regions, knowledge partners, external agencies); cooperation with Chinese, Swiss and international media Generation and careful editing of prospects (potential settlement projects), in cooperation with IP team; quality management of IP-activities in China
- Conception and organization of marketing, PR and media activities (e.g. roadshows, events, media projects) for the promotion of Switzerland as a business location for Chinese companies, including presentations in both English and Chinese
- Responsibility for the IP budget, including planning, controlling and financial reporting to S-GE
- Individual meetings with Chinese companies
- Creation of printing/online material for advertisement purposes
- Coordination of all IP matters with the Swiss Embassy in Beijing and the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu
Start of employment: Summer 2018 (by arrangement)
Place of employment: Embassy of Switzerland, Beijing – Swiss Business Hub China
If you are interested in a multifaceted job at the interface of public affairs and private economy, please send your English motivation letter, CV and further documentation until the 12th of March 2018 to:
Mr. Yves Morath, Head of Swiss Business Hub China, email@example.com, Tel. +86 10 8532 8888
Dear friends and partners,
Times flies, we will soon sign out the past lunar year, and welcome the Chinese New Year here. The other name of the Chinese New Year is Spring Festival, is about celebrating spring. Let us rock in the coming year with booming energy of swissnex China teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou! We are looking forward to work with you in the year of the dog!
Please accept our best wishes for your good health and lasting prosperity!
swissnex China team
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou is recruiting a Local Swiss Visa Officer
Place of employment: Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou
Your tasks will include among others:
- Service at the counter; contact with the clients ;
- Registering and processing visa applications ;
- Visa Examination and decision making process (after passing an examination test) – File administration and organization ;
- Deputy of the Head of the Visa Section ;
- E – mail correspondence ;
- Various other tasks in the Visa Section;
- Representing the Swiss local Consular and Administrative Officer during his absences ;
- Swiss citizen ship;
- Good communication skills and customer – friendly approach with visitors;
- Excellent command in spoken and written German/or French and English; Knowledge of Mandarin is an advantage;
- Excellent IT – skills;
- Good organizational ability; faculty to manage multiple tasks and to work under pressure;
- Efficient, methodical and independent working skills with strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal aptitudes; Readiness to attend further training workshops;
- High intercultural sensitivity, empathy and international mindset;
- Capacity to deal with confidential tasks – discretion and reliability are required;
You will be offered excellent working conditions, a trustworthy contract based on local labor law and a market conform remuneration as well as internal benefits.
Are you interested in a diversified job in an international context and are you convinced that you r aptitude s match the profile and our requirements? If so please send a motivation letter together with your CV and photograph, as well as references/certificates at your earliest convenience but at the latest by 10.03 .2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details>>> https://www.eda.admin.ch/guangzhou
Note on procedures:
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
- No phone calls inquiries please
Scientific Advisor / Deputy Head of the Science, Technology & Education Section at the Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing, China
The Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing is looking for a young professional Swiss national as a full-time Scientific Advisor to start local employment on 1st April 2018.
In this challenging position, you will be the focal point at the Embassy for everything related to higher education cooperation between Swiss and Chinese institutions. This – among other tasks – includes the implementation of the bilateral scholarship program, coordination of Swiss universities marketing activities in China, assistance of Swiss universities in their collaboration with Chinese partners, organization of delegation visits and distribution of relevant information to our contacts. You will also assist the Head of Section in analyzing developments in Chinese science and research, organizing public events and supporting high level visits. In the function as Deputy Head of Section you will have the opportunity to develop management and leadership skills in a small, dynamic team.
Higher Education and Swiss Federal Grants:
- Create visibility for Swiss Higher Education in China
- Support Swiss stakeholders in their China related activities
- Supervise and coordinate Swiss Federal Grants of Excellence
- Point of contact for alumni community in China
- Draft reports and analyze developments in the ERI fields
- Support the Head of Section and the team in accordance to the letter de mission
- Organize events to promote Swiss ERI landscape
- Optimize administration and management procedures within the team
- Representation of the Head of Section when required
Other Embassy tasks:
- Coordination of health related topics
Employment is full-time and on local contract (Chinese law is applicable, remuneration in RMB).
- Swiss national with, as a minimum, a Master degree
- Excellent knowledge of German and/or French as well as English; Chinese (both written and spoken) would be an asset
- Work experience in the field of higher education and/or international relations as well as science and research
- Marketing/PR experience is an additional asset
- Profound knowledge and interest in the Swiss higher education and science landscape
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Communicative personality & good team player
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Commitment to work at the Embassy of Switzerland in this function for at least two years
Please submit the following documents with your application (in English):
- Letter of motivation
- Two reference contacts
- Other relevant documents (certificates etc.)
Deadline: 14 February 2018
Reference in title: “To the attention of the Science, Technology and Education Section”.
Note on procedure: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the end of February.
No phone calls please. An excerpt of criminal record will be asked for shortlisted candidates.
swissnex China is looking for a dynamic Communications Manager (Marketing) for its multifaceted, interdisciplinary, and international activities! Deadline: February 28, 2018; apply at the link below.
swissnex – the Science Consulate of Switzerland – conceives and builds multifaceted, interdisciplinary activities that connect the dots between Switzerland and China in science, higher education, art, and innovation. We work closely with universities and research labs; accelerate startups and support entrepreneurs; advise tech corporations, non-profits, and international organizations on signals from the future; collaborate with artists and designers; support innovators and thought leaders. We operate on a non-profit model, as a public-private partnership, and as an official diplomatic representation of Switzerland in Shanghai, with teams in Beijing and Guangzhou.
Communication is very much at the center of all our activities through channels like our website, social media, newsletters, blogs, targeted digital, and print advertising, reports and articles, media partnerships, events, exhibitions, and more. We support academic clients with their PR in the US. Storytelling and communication (marketing) play a crucial role in developing and growing our audience, contacts, partners, and clients. In other words: we need an innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, efficient, and engaged Communications team.
To complement our Communications team, we seek a proven creative digital expert with outstanding communications (incl. marketing & PR), media relations, content development, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate is able to work across disciplines, happy to embrace and lead change, and ready to help us bringing swissnex’s outreach to the next level.
You mix an outgoing personality with a strategic, data driven mindset, as well as an open and inclusive collaboration style and a “roll up your sleeves and get things done” attitude. Successful candidates will offer:
- BS/MS in Communications, Journalism with 5-to-8 years’ demonstrated effectiveness in these or related fields, along with strong interest in marketing, brand messaging, PR, creative campaigns, and thought leadership.
- Native fluency in Chinese and English required; a plus if you also speak French and/or German.
- Strong strategic skills and demonstrated ability to resolve problems, balance the needs of diverse groups, and carry projects through at a high level of excellence, on time and on budget. Proven superpowers in verbal, written, on-camera, digital, multimedia, and presentational communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences. Preferably have a breadth of experience spanning writing, editing, video, and design with samples of your work to share.
- Fluency in multiple social media channels and data analytics.
- Outstanding network of science & technology writers and media.
- Able to thrive in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Proven ability to build a brand.
- Experience or deep understanding of science and/or technology, and enthusiasm for swissnex’s mission is required.
- Base-level fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Note: due to our consular status applicants must either be Swiss or Chinese citizen. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a non-profit setting with local contract, 4-week vacation, generous holidays and sick leave.
- A multicultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment.
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network.
- A creative, international, and inspiring work environment with plenty of coffee and lots of Swiss chocolate.
Interested candidates please apply via this link by February 28, 2018.