Job Announcement – Swiss Center Shanghai – Trade Officer
Swiss Center Shanghai
SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center
Job position: Trade Specialist
The role of the Trade Specialist will be to consult advice and support the Swiss company with the import and export procedures. The Swiss Center holds the appropriate import/export license and provides ready-to-use bounded and non-bounded warehouse.
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai (Pilot Free Trade Zone), Waigaoqiao, Fute East Road n°526.
The Swiss Center Shanghai, SCS Machinery, Trading and Business Center (SCS) is located in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone and covers 4000sqm facilities with office, showroom and bonded – non bounded warehouse space. SCS supports Swiss companies to enter into the Chinese market with providing them concrete solution and network. SCS was found in 2000 and is today one of the biggest cluster of Swiss companies in Asia and has supported over 250SMEs in the last 15 years.
The new position at SCS is dedicated to the import/export service. The SCS Trade Officer will be responsible of SCS members and non-member who require support in the above procedures. Her/His role will be to prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods. She/He will determine, track duties, taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client. She/He will sign documents under a power of attorney and represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications. She/He will also coordinate with logistic partners on the transportation and storage of the goods.
The applicant will consult SCS member in identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing the needs, providing guidance and expert advice to them. As a representative of SCS in terms of import/export procedure, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time will be essential and decisive.
On a daily basis, the SCS Trade Officer will make decisions and solve all challenges the procedure ensues. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems will be the applicant key asset.
- Consult Swiss Center customers and provide import/export solution to them
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments
- Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney
- Clear goods through customs and to their destinations for clients
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents
- Monitor or trace the location of goods
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and quarantine
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds
- Quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported, based on tariffs and excise taxes
- Obtain line releases for frequent shippers of low-risk commodities, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing, or product distribution of imported or exported products
- Inform importers and exporters of steps to reduce duties and taxes
- Contract with freight forwarders for destination services
- Maintain relationships with customs brokers in other ports to expedite clearing of cargo
- Apply for tariff concessions or for duty drawbacks and other refunds
- Provide advice on transportation options, types of carriers, or shipping routes
- Prepare papers for shippers to appeal duty charges
- Suggest best methods of packaging or labeling products
- Insure cargo against loss, damage, or pilferage
- Develop and nurture relation with contacts outside the Swiss Center, represent the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Inform and train SCS colleagues on import/export procedure
- University degree or equivalent in Import/Export Management
- Native language Chinese, Proficiency in English
- Minimum 5 years experiences as a professional agent broker
- Experience in the Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone is a plus
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Initiative and solution oriented personality
- Able to work on the standard and technical software link with the import/export and logistic solution
- Accurate and precise work
- Comfortable dealing with foreigner
Person of contact: Emmanuelle Roduit, +86 139 1686 3284
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org