Internship in Science at swissnex China in Shanghai
Starting March 1, 2018 until August 31, 2018 / 6 months
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science and technology outpost in China. Our mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
This internship offers you the following:
- Gain work experience in a highly dynamic environment, in an extremely lively region of this world
- Connect with scientific, political, and economic institutions in China and Switzerland
- Develop networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
You would work in close collaboration with the CEO of swissnex China. Your main task would be intelligence work such writing the bi-monthly science newsletters on Switzerland and potentially on Shanghai. Furthermore you would be assisting the CEO in project management on swissnex science diplomacy projects, and numerous delegation visits. You would also be involved in common events of swissnex China, and work on administrative and operational tasks.
- You study in a Swiss University or University of Applied Sciences
- Your degree (Master) is not older than one year at the beginning of the internship
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder (CN/CH citizenship only)
- Excellent writing skills, reliable and independent work style
- Superior written and oral English language skills; further languages (especially Chinese) are a plus
- Team-minded, cooperative and self-driven, proactive attitude
- Curiosity and interest in international and global affairs, emphasizing on China
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until December 31, 2017!!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.