Internship Academic Relations at swissnex China in Shanghai
Starting March 1, 2018 until August 31, 2018 / 6 months
Workload 80%-100% (Full time highly preferred)
Located in 22F, Bldg. A, Far East International Plaza, 319 XianXia Road, Shanghai, China
swissnex China is the Swiss science and technology outpost in China. Our mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education (and innovation). Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively.
This internship offers you the following:
- Gain work experience in a highly dynamic environment, in an extremely lively region of this world
- Connect with educational, scientific, political, and economic institutions in China and Switzerland
- Develop networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
Furthermore your daily schedule includes interesting tasks such as to conduct various research on projects on Chinese higher education and innovation, coordination of delegation visits and events, closely communication with Swiss and Chinese higher educational institutions including universities, researchers and individuals. Bringing in creative ideas and your support to the team are much appreciated.
- Swiss or Chinese passport holder
- You study Economics, International Relations, Public Administration, Translation or Interpretation in either a Swiss University or Chinese University
- Your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is not older than 1 year at the beginning of the internship
- You have gained experience in a similar working environment
- Great expertise in researches, reports and events organization
- Excellent writing skills, and knowledge of the Chinese social media landscape
- Superior written and oral English language skills; bilingual in Chinese preferred
- Team-minded, cooperative, reliable and self-driven, proactive attitude
- Curiosity and interest in international and global affairs, emphasizing on China
- Please note that the conditions of employment are local, no expatriate contract
- Personal costs and expenses, such as accommodation and traveling expenses are not being covered or reimbursed
Did we raise your interest? Then we look forward to hearing more about you!
Send your full application to this LINK until December 31, 2017!!
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Copies of letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline. More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.