swissnex China’s mission is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education, and innovation. Our activities are built around a public/private partnership model with a group of leading partners such as Swiss Universities, and global organizations promoting innovation or education actively. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded colleague to help us “connect the dots” in research, education, and innovation between Switzerland and China. We are building knowledge and networks with many universities, research organizations, and governmental agencies. Our passion is to bring closer professors, students, scientists, entrepreneurs and others for collaborative work.
Position Project Leader Academic Relations
Starting August 1, 2017, or according to availability
Located in Shanghai, China
Typical projects of a Project Leader Academic Relations at swissnex China include:
- Implementation of collaborative projects between Swiss and Chinese universities or research groups
- Support and connection for visiting delegations
- Organization of workshops, presentations, conferences from idea to completion and beyond
- Strategic use of social media to communicate information with our stakeholders
- Research on current trends in education, science and technology, and innovation
- Development of networks and relationships in the academic community
- Identify new areas for collaboration
- Support professors, administrators, sabbaticals, students in their projects
- Analysis of trends and new information in academic field
- Development of projects from idea to execution
- Grow and manage relationships with Chinese universities and institutions, Swiss partners and individual contacts
- Foster the Swiss university alumni network
- “Community” management using social media and other communication tools
- Support for events and delegation visits
- Swiss or Chinese citizenship
- BS or BA, Master preferred
- Knowledge of the academic field in China and Switzerland (education landscape)
- Working experience in a similar work environment (international relations office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in international cooperation in a relevant field such as S&T, education, and innovation;
- For Swiss citizens: native language German, French or Italian with excellent command of English and a second national language; Chinese knowledge highly preferred;
- For Chinese citizens: native language Mandarin, with excellent command in English, additional knowledge in French or German highly preferred.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated colleague to help us identify and engage with partners or new contacts. We want a team player who can work in a collaborative way while appreciating the diversity of the staff. An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and great “people skills”, combined with fresh ideas and the readiness to help the new colleagues are a great plus. We offer a platform which allows you grow your professional skills and interest, and gain experience in a multicultural, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include remuneration according to the given environmental conditions, some Swiss and Chinese official holidays, additional to the generous amount of vacation days.
Please note that the conditions of employment are local, and for Swiss or Chinese citizens/passport holders only.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Cover letter (letter of motivation) and CV
- Letters of reference, University diplomas, and Transcript of Records, as well as work certificates
Apply until June 30, 2017 to this LINK
We will reply to incoming applications after the deadline.
More details will be shared in the process of the recruitment.