Lift China is a key event about innovation and digital technologies. It features a special blend of inspiring speeches by world-renowned speakers, truly interactive workshops, exhibitions of interactive media projects and prototypes to play with. Join, learn and connect with innovators worldwide! After the first successful Lift China in 2014, swissnex China will co-organize the second edition of Lift China with Lift from June 16 to June 21.
June 17, 2015
One-Day Conference in Shanghai & Swiss-Chinese Innovation Night
See the full program here
Held in Shanghai, Lift China will bring together innovators, entrepreneurs, artists and pioneers from China and abroad to exchange on digital technologies. This one-day event features inspiring talks, interactive masterclasses and workshops, as well as an exhibition. The conference will end with a Sino-Swiss Innovation Night, an evening event features a combination of Swiss and Chinese innovators and their inventions. These up-and-coming entrepreneurs, artists, researchers and young professionals will demonstrate the power of their state-of-the-art projects while the others sip on a refreshing cocktail.
- Bottom-up Innovation: how China is becoming a global leader through super-connected, agile and versatile entrepreneurs, harvesting the powers of mass-production and the ingenuity of local communities.
- Expand your Senses with Drones: more than the latest trend, drones are showing their skills in helping human beings expand their reach and efficiency in times of catastrophe as much as in daily life. What future are we expecting with the help of autonomous flying robots?
- Data Visualization and Art: with the amount of data becoming available through private and public companies, it is crucial for innovators as much as for corporations to be able to understand the stories behind the numbers. How can art make the link between abstract and understandable?
- Biomimicry in China: a subject explored in the most recent years in countries such as Switzerland, biomimicry brings great inspiration to engineers. How can the R&D power of 10’000 years of evolution help China create long-term innovation and growth?
- The Chinese Value Proposition: after the international success of the first book Business Model Canvas, its authors traveled to try their findings in various countries, including China. After years of experience and a second book, Value Proposition Design, we will look at how these models apply to the Chinese market.
- Gamestorming and Rapid Prototyping: design principles are not limited to designers. Combining various techniques, with a consumer-product development end-goal, participants will actively ideate, develop and prototype what could be the next hit for our ageing populations.
Exhibition at the Maker Faire in Shenzhen
The following days, we will move to Shenzhen to participate in the Maker Faire from June 19 to 21. As one of the biggest events about maker culture in China, the Maker Faire is the place to be for discovering entrepreneurship, technological innovation, grassroots communities, hacking and making electronics, etc. In collaboration with SEEED Studio, our electronic equipment sponsor, we will present the international initiative Data Canvas: Sense Your City and hold workshops on data visualization.
Lift Makers Tour in Shanghai & Shenzhen
In parallel to our other activities, we will be guiding a tour of hackerspaces, universities, startup accelerators, electronics markets and community spaces where the young and bright innovators of Shanghai and Shenzhen are creating the most inventive products. If you want to join us on this exciting trip, please send an email to email@example.com and tell us about your motivations!
∗For more info about the editorial board and other partners, please visit http://liftconference.com/lift-china-15