Bioinformatics Fellowship program
It is our pleasure to announce the SIB Fellowship program, which aims to train outstanding bioinformatics PhD students as well as promote bioinformatics research for the life sciences.
The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, thanks to the generous support and trust of its partners*, is offering the opportunity to a selection of the best students worldwide to carry out their PhD research in one of its groups, all of which are located across Switzerland. The laureates will receive a financial grant for 3 years (extendible for 1 year) and:
- Become a member of SIB, the leading network of Swiss bioinformatics
- Have access to professional training courses
- Be part of the Swiss PhD Training Network in bioinformatics
- Be introduced to industrial partners during specific events
- Participate in SIB events such as the yearly SIB Days (scientific conference)
- Attend the Summer School and Students’ Retreat
- When in collaboration with industry, have direct hands-on experience within that company
SIB provides core databases, software and support for the worldwide life science research community. It leads and coordinates the field of bioinformatics in Switzerland by federating bioinformatics research groups from Swiss schools of higher education and research institutes. Currently, SIB consists in 38 research and service groups located in the country’s seven main cities. SIB creates, maintains and distributes world-renowned bioinformatics resources, mainly free of charge, to the national and international life science research community. A few examples include UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot, STRING, SWISS-MODEL, SwissDock and neXtProt.
* King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, the Leenaards Foundation, the Swiss Foundation for Excellence and Talents in Biomedical Research, SystemsX.ch and the University of Lausanne
Key dates of the SIB Fellowship program
- Closing date for applications: 15 November 2012
- Shortlist selection announcement: 10 December 2012
- Interviews: January/February 2013
- Start of PhD: September 2013
Further information and application forms for the SIB Fellowship program are available at www.isb-sib.ch/fellowship.